AMEB qualifications are an internationally recognised benchmark and measure of excellence. The AMEB syllabuses are developed by leading Australian musicians and educators using the pedagogical approaches best suited to Australian students and the Australian education system.
AMEB examinations offer the following to candidates:
- Beginner to advanced levels—from preliminary level through to advanced diploma levels.
- Online examination options—online written examinations (Musicianship and Theory of Music, Music Craft (Preliminary to Grade 4) and courses for all theory syllabuses which are available from
AMEB Federal Office's online shop.
- In-situ examinations as well as Video Repertoire Examinations.
- Quality syllabuses—contemporary and accessible syllabuses produced in Australia, and developed in consultation with teachers, parents and candidates.
- Wide range of music—broad range of repertoire available in each syllabus with flexible approaches to allow candidates to perform to high standards.
- Prestigious history—AMEB has been assessing students since 1887 and is the only examinations board that has formal links with Australian Universities and Ministries of Education.
Enrolling for an examination
You can register and enrol for AMEB Qld practical examinations online through the AMEB Qld Shop.
AMEB Qld accepts enrolments on the understanding that teachers, private entrants, candidates and parents have read and agreed to our terms and conditions. Visit our
Policies, procedures and fees page for further enrolment information.
If you are a first time enroller, you must register your details and email address to generate an enroller ID. This will provide you with access to purchase examinations, books and consultations. When you log in, you can access 'My Records' to view and print your candidate's slip and examination schedule. This information is usually available some three weeks prior to the start of every examination session.
Teachers may ask parents to enrol on their behalf, if this is the case, and you are a parent, please register with your own email and the teacher's enroller ID. Please note that all information will be sent to the enroller in the first instance. It is the enroller's responsibility to notify the parent of the candidate's examination details, including the date and time.
If you are an existing enroller and have forgotten your enroller ID, please contact AMEB Qld on (07) 3634 0933 to retrieve your existing ID. Please do not register for a new enroller ID.
Please note, all LMusA examinations must be enrolled manually via an enrolment form and sent to
AMEB Qld enrollers' handbook
AMEB Qld recommends that all enrollers familiarise themselves with the
AMEB Qld enrollers' handbook (PDF, 7MB) as it provides an overview of AMEB Qld's policies, fees and examination enrolments, examination conditions and reports, which is correct at the time of printing. This document must be read in conjunction with the current year's
Manual of Syllabuses. The handbook is available for download or a free hardcopy can be posted subject to the payment of a $4.50 postage and handling fee.
AMEB Qld examination calendar (PDF, 294KB) contains all Brisbane Metropolitan and Regional Queensland examination sessions. Please note the corresponding closing dates for each session.
It is imperative that you allow adequate time for enrolling.
Late fees will apply to all enrolments received after the stated closing dates and times.